Fires can strike anytime and anywhere when least expected. Without fire detection device like smoke alarm, even a small mistake could turn into a major disaster. Every home needs to have a combination of working home fire sprinklers and smoke alarms. They help lower the risk of death and major damage to properties caused by fire by more than eighty percent. Always prioritize your family’s safety, thus acquire these useful devices for your home’s fire prevention and safety.
While in any workplace, employers should equipped their offices with fire safety tools and inform every employees with appropriate fire safety tips. Employees are the most important company assets that should be protected from any unfortunate incidents like fire. When being robbed, you will lose only some things that could be replaced immediately. Unlike when set on fire, when a life is taken, there is nothing that you can do to replace it.
Here are the most important Fire Safety Tools that would protect you from being ravaged by flames.
– Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detector – This tool is advisable especially to those who are working in a professional kitchen environment. It is really important to know if the level of carbon monoxide inside the kitchen is getting too high because prolonged exposure to this odorless and colorless gas can be fatal. Initial reactions to carbon monoxide poisoning are fainting and shortness of breath.
– A Reliable Fire Extinguisher – You need to find the type of extinguisher that will best suit your work environment. Remember that there is specific extinguisher for a specific type of flame. For example, your office is dealing with lots of paper a Water Fire Extinguisher can best control Class A fire caused by solid combustibles like paper. However, if your office has overworked computers and photocopier machines, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Fire Extinguishers will be your perfect choice. After choosing the right extinguisher for you, put them in places where anyone can have access to it. House it in fire extinguisher cabinet.
– Fire Ladders – They are commonly made of aluminum for easy mounting. They are suitable for offices located in a multi-storey building.
– Fire Signs – Train and familiarized everyone with the fire symbols. They must be placed where everybody sees them every time they come to work.
– Fire Safety Tips and Protection Guidelines – You can purchase pre-made notes or create one yourself, laminate them, and distribute to your staff for display in their cubicle. Include the map of fire exits and emergency phone numbers.
Invest some money for your own fire safety tools and devote a little time in sharing these useful fire safety tips. When your home or office is set on fire, you might lose everything that you have and more lives will be set in danger. But if your home or office is fully equipped with safety devices and proper fire information tips, you can save more lives and properties and you can create a safe and comfortable environment to live and work with.